Nintendo Switch with Gray Joy-Con
Buy Nintendo Switch Online, the new home video game system with an updated battery life of up to nine hours, the Nintendo Switch system can provide a full home console experience anytime, anywhere, for even longer than the original model. The mobility of a handheld is now added to the power of a home gaming system, with unprecedented new play styles brought to life by the two new Joy-Con controllers. Play your favorite games on TV with family and friends in your living room via the Switch Dock, or enjoy on-the-go gaming in handheld mode when you lift the console from the dock. Dual Joy-Cons in gray are also included, and you can use them as single controllers while you play. Both controllers feature an analog stick, face and shoulder buttons, built-in motion-sensing, and HD Rumble technology. Plus, you’ll get different gameplay options when you connect up to eight Joy-Cons – perfect for multi-player gaming.
Nintendo Switch comes with two Joy-Con that can each act as a standalone controller with an analog stick, a full complement of face and shoulder buttons, built-in motion-sensing technology, and new HD Rumble. They can be inserted into a Joy-Con grip accessory to be used like a traditional controller, held comfortably in each hand for independent left and right motion controls, or shared between two players for instant multiplayer gaming in front of the TV or out on the go.
- Home Gaming System
- At home, the main unit rests in the Nintendo Switch dock, which connects the system to the TV and lets you play with family and friends in the comfort of your living room.
- Lift Nintendo Switch from the dock and instantly transition to handheld mode for on-the-go gaming. By sharing Joy-Con, players can go head-to-head while away from home. You can also enjoy the same great games in tabletop mode by using the included stand to prop the system up.
- New Play Styles
- Remove the detachable Joy-Con from either side of Nintendo Switch for more play styles:
- One player can use a Joy-Con in each hand
- Two players can each take one
- Multiple Joy-Con can be employed by numerous people for a variety of gameplay options (additional Joy-Con sold separately)
- Slip a set of Joy-Con into a Joy-Con grip accessory, mirroring a more traditional controller. Or, select an optional Nintendo Switch Pro Controller.
- Bring together up to 8 Nintendo Switch systems for local face-to-face multiplayer.
- Includes traditional inputs of previous platforms, such as two analog sticks, A/B/X/Y buttons (or directional buttons), and two shoulder buttons.
- Each Joy-Con can be used as a single controller. When playing this way, Joy-Con (L) and Joy-Con (R) have the same button layout. When a Joy-Con is held horizontally, the buttons on top can be used as L and R Buttons (they are called the SL and SR Buttons).
- Capture Button: The Capture Button is located on Joy-Con (L) and is used to take gameplay screen shots. The player can then view, edit (add text of various sizes, colors and positions) and post them to popular social media networks
- Motion Control: Each Joy-Con includes a gyroscope and accelerometer.
- HD Rumble: Both Joy-Con include advanced HD Rumble, which can provide compatible games with subtle vibrations that are much more realistic than before. The effect is so detailed that a player could, for example, feel the sensation of individual ice cubes colliding inside a glass when shaking a Joy-Con. With HD Rumble you can experience a level of realism not possible through sights and sounds alone.
- IR Motion Camera: Joy-Con (R) includes an IR Motion Camera that can detect the distance, shape and motion of nearby objects in specially designed games. For example, it can tell how far away a player's hand is, and even if the hand is forming a rock, paper or scissors shape.
- amiibo: There is an NFC reader/writer located on Joy-Con (R). (This is also included in the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller.) Nintendo Switch is compatible with existing amiibo; usage is game-dependent.
- Rechargeable: Joy-Con charge while attached to a docked Nintendo Switch system. They can also be charged using a Nintendo Switch charging grip accessory (sold separately).
- Colors: Joy-Con are available in multiple colors at launch: gray, neon red and neon blue.
- Release Button: On the back of each Joy-Con is a small button that is pressed to detach the controller from the main unit.
- Enhanced Parental Controls
- The system includes various on-device parental controls, but parents can also download a smart device application that can be used to easily and conveniently monitor and set parental controls for a Nintendo Switch system.